Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 2/25/13


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. I heard about it from the Teach Mentor Texts blog, which puts a "Picture Books to YA" twist on it. I like to post my MG/YA, adult, and professional reads here!

Last Week I Dived Into...

Written in Bone: Buried Lives of Jamestown and Colonial Maryland by Sally M. Walker. It was fascinating to learn about the process forensic anthropologists use to uncover the lives behind unmarked graves in Colonial Maryland.





This Week I'm Diving Into...
Flesh & Blood So Cheap: The Triangle Fire and Its Legacy by Albert Marrin. I'm working on my nonfiction gaps for the #bookgapchallenge. I am not a big fan of nonfiction (or so I think, until I get into one!) but I am liking the writing style and am learning so much about immigration and working/living conditions in the late 1800s/early 1900s in New York City.







Tana French's Faithful Place, an adult read...I'm about halfway through this 400 page book, and it's SOOO good. I loved her In the Woods several years ago, and this one is perfect for reading on cold winter nights. (Plus, the Irish lingo is killer.)


Finally, Pathways to the Common Core. I am looking forward to getting into Close Reading of Informational Texts by Sunday Cummins. I am lucky to have seen her present and to be working with her on our district's new ELA curriculum. She's fabulous.









What are you getting into this week?
Happy Reading!

No comments: