Monday, February 18, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?! 2/18/13


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. I heard about it from the Teach Mentor Texts blog, which puts a "Picture Books to YA" twist on it. I like to post my MG/YA, adult, and professional reads here!

Last Week I Dived Into...

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. This took up my whole week! It was an intense read, but one I was finally able to remove from my TBR list after so many years. It was well worth the wait. I guess there's a whole Ender's saga as well as a spin-off series with some of the minor characters. That's a bit too daunting for me right now to take on, so I will just stick with being happy I finally got to this one.




This Week I'm Diving Into...
A lot of nonfiction: Sally M. Walker's Written in Bone: Buried Lives of Jamestown and Colonial Maryland, Candace Fleming's The Great and Only Barnum: The Tremendous, Stupendous Life of Showman P.T. Barnum, and Sue Macy's Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom.




Tana French's Faithful Place, an adult read


Finally, Pathways to the Common Core








What are you getting into this week?
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I love Speaker for the Dead and enjoyed Xenocide enough, I've heard nothing good about the subsequent books in the series, and you can certainly be happy with just Ender's Game. And actually, Ender's Shadow is a more direct continuation of the story, even though it's the same time period, told from a different point of view.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I have committed to getting Ender's Game off my TBR list as well. That poor book has been languishing there for years. Glad to hear it's worth it. Also, Faithful Place is my favorite Tana French! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1qf