Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner 1/30/13

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where you highlight one book that you can't wait to hit the bookshelves!








February 12 is the release date of Sally Gardner's Maggot Moon. I have heard some good buzz about this one. And I love this description of the main character from the book's website:

The character of Standish Treadwell, who is at the centre of the story, became almost complete when I found his name. I knew then who he was. I wanted to have a main character who was dyslexic like me, except I wanted to portray him not through bad spelling, as is so often done in literature, but through the way he thinks, and how he sees the world slightly off key. Bad spelling is, after all, only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to being dyslexic. Standish is a character that seemed so natural to write, he almost wrote himself. He is one that I love dearly.
~ Sally Gardner, September 2012

Here's a peek at the book trailer:



Happy Reading!



1 comment:

Naomi Hop said...

Sounds interesting.... I havent seen it before. Thanks for sharing.

Here’s My WoW!
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace