Monday, January 7, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 1/7/13


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. I heard about it from the Teach Mentor Texts blog, which puts a "Picture Books to YA" twist on it. I like to post my MG/YA, adult, and professional reads here!

Last Week I Dived Into...
Please Look After Mom by Kyung-sook Shin for our staff book club. It was definitely a step out of my comfort zone. It was told from the viewpoint of the daughter, husband, and son of a mother who disappears one day in Seoul, South Korea. It left my heart very heavy after reading it. I'm not sure I will soon forget it.

Phantom by Jo Nesbo, which was a much-wished for gift for Christmas. You can see my review of it to see just how much I love Jo Nesbo and his main character, Harry Hole.











This Week I'm Diving Into...


The only Conan Doyle Estate approved Sherlock Holmes mystery The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz. I recently discovered the existence of this book, and it pairs two fabulous British men, Horowitz and Holmes, so I couldn't resist!

I also borrowed an ARC of Being Henry David by Cal Armistead, and I can't wait to get into that as well.
Professionally, I am reading Pathways to the Common Core: Accelerating Achievement by Lucy Calkins. I am also continuing to work my way through Everyday Editing by Jeff Anderson.














Happy Reading!

No comments: