Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 1/27/13


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. I heard about it from the Teach Mentor Texts blog, which puts a "Picture Books to YA" twist on it. I like to post my MG/YA, adult, and professional reads here!

Last Week I Dived Into...
Being Henry David by Cal Armistead. This book rocks. It transported me to the woods of Walden Pond and I wasn't halfway finished before I was making plans for a day trip to Concord the next time I'm in Boston (my sister lives there; I'm not a cool world traveler or anything). Teens will be sucked into the journey with Hank to discover his identity.





I also finished Anthony Horowitz's The House of Silk, a Sherlock Holmes mystery. It was a great escape read.

 
 
 
 
This Week I'm Diving Into...
See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles. So many tweeps have raved about this, so when I finally found it at Anderson's Bookshop, I snatched it right off that shelf. Plus, it has a blurb from Rebecca Stead on the cover, so I know I'll love it.

Monday Mornings by Dr. Sanjay Gupta for my book club. It is the fictional account of surgeons and the triumphs and failures they face when life and death lay in their hands. I'm looking forward to branching out with this read.

Professionally, I am reading Pathways to the Common Core: Accelerating Achievement by Lucy Calkins. Finishing this one this week for sure!














Happy Reading!

No comments: