Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?! 5/13/13


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. I heard about it from the Teach Mentor Texts blog, which puts a "Picture Books to YA" twist on it. I like to post my MG/YA, adult, and professional reads here!
Last Week I Dived Into...
Sever (Chemical Garden #3) by Lauren Destefano. I love finishing trilogies, and this was a beautiful one.

I also finished Pathways to the Common Core by Lucy Calkins, Mary Ehrenworth, and Christopher Lehman. This is a must-read for all k-12 ELA teachers and literacy leaders.

 


This Week I'm Diving Into...
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen. Sarah visited our school last week, and it was fabulous. Sarah was fabulous, our girls in the audience were fabulous, and the organization and planning by our librarian was fabulous. Check out Sarah's The Friday Five blog about her visit here.




For adult reads, I am reading another mystery from my favorite crime novel writer, Jo Nesbo called Nemesis.




And professionally, I'm starting Book Love by Penny Kittle. I can't think of a better way to end the school year than with this read!




What are you getting into this week?
Happy Reading!

No comments: