Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Slice of Life 2/2/16

Today is 2-2. Twenty-two is my favorite, lucky, perfect, even, balanced number. 


Today was not my favorite. It was not lucky, perfect, even, or balanced. Today was the perfect opposite of those. Today was a drainer. I was about to slide into bed and end this imperfect day when I remembered it was Tuesday and I RESOLVE to write a Slice of Life post on Tuesdays.

Sigh. 

So close. 

And then it happened. I realized I could fill myself up just a little bit before I call it quits. Because writing does that for me. Writing isn't like my number 22. It's not perfect, but it balances me. Sometimes I get lucky with it and dig out a new phrase or thought. 

Today wasn't perfect. Today wasn't even close. But on a scale of 1-10, I think I'm at a 2.2 now. 

I can live with 2.2. 

No comments: