Monday, March 4, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 3/4/13


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. I heard about it from the Teach Mentor Texts blog, which puts a "Picture Books to YA" twist on it. I like to post my MG/YA, adult, and professional reads here!

Last Week I Dived Into...

Trapped by Marc Aronson, about the 33 Chilean miners who were trapped for 69 days. It was a super-fast read (1 sitting) and my heart was about to beat out of my chest when that drill first reached the miners.



I also finished Marching for Freedom by Elizabeth Partridge. It had beautiful photographs chronicling the march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama. A powerful read.
 
 
 
I also finished Tana French's Faithful Place, an adult read from one of my favorite murder-mystery writers. She builds such rich characters and relationships, plus it's all set in Ireland. A great read for a cold winter night.
 




This Week I'm Diving Into...
Bomb: The Race to Build -- And Steal -- the World's Most Dangerous Weapon by Steve Sheinkin. It recently won a bunch of ALA awards, and from the first chapter, I was hooked.




Then, whatever pops up on my radar next.




Also, these PD books....









What are you getting into this week?
Happy Reading!

No comments: